Here’s a recipe for a Low GI salad that my wife is now making.
It’s great for lunch, and she says it can be made in advance, which is always cool. I have taken it to work in a lunchbox, so I can definitely say that it keeps.
This recipe serves 2 people, and goes down really well on a Saturday afternoon when you’re looking for a light, healthy meal.
Low GI Salad Ingredients
– 125g of shaved chicken loaf, cut in squares (with scissors )
– 1 cup of cooked pasta (we use the “pasta shells“)
– 1/2 red or yellow pepper, finely sliced
– 1/2 cup of green peas
– 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
– 5 tablespoons of low-fat Mayonnaise
– 5 tablespoons of “lite” chutney
– shredded mixed salad leaves
– salt/pepper/dried herbs (to your taste)
Preparing your low GI Chicken Pasta Salad
1- Combine chicken and cooked pasta
2- Add chopped pepper, green peas, parsley and shredded lettuce leaves
3- Mix Mayo and Chutney together and add to the salad. Mix it in well…
4- Season with salt, pepper and dried herbs to your liking.
5- Let me know how it goes and if you like it 😉