Here is a list of 10 tips for Interior Decorating and home improvement that I thought I would share with the world. I will list the tips tips here, and then over the next few days (possibly 10) I will post articles that elaborate on these tips…
- Choose a paint that you can live with for a LONG time. Especially in your bedroom. In 6 months will you still think bright pink is cool?
- Make small rooms seem larger. In this day and age, people are moving into smaller and smaller spaces. Learning how to make the most out of the space you have is essential.
- Don’t modernize everything. If you have a house with an old fashioned kitchen, turn it into a retro kitchen.
- Decorate the walls with framed pictures and paintings. BUT, the key here is to make sure that the frames are good quality, good looking frames.
- Use good lighting effects. Find what needs to be lit (is it the room, or just a painting), and do it in a stylish way.
- Trash cans are not JUST trash cans. Think of the little things. Just because a trash can is where your dirt goes, doesn’t mean you can’t have a NICE trash can.
- Create a focal point in a room. I have already discussed this in a previous article, but it is a key issue in interior decorating.
- Create easily accessible “paths” around your house. Don’t make your guests (or yourself) climb over things or have to dodge furniture.
- Give each room a function. And make sure that each function can be fulfilled in the room.
- Take a look around. Browse the internet, look in the shops… You can get ideas from a lot of places.
Share on Facebook