Ok, it’s not really about looking cool. At the very least, it’s about making your bedroom look good. If you bring a “friend” over for the first time, you have to have a home that you are proud of.
Here are a few tips that will help you guys out there. And girls, I will just be highlighting what you already know. Right??
- Get a nice bed cover. Whether a duvet, or a blanket, or even a throwover bedspread to cover your favourite blanket. This is like putting a nice shirt on before going out…
- Get a base cover sheet for your bed. This is the sheet that will go on the base of the bed, underneath the matress. It will add a nice touch to the old beds. Don’t do this if you already have a nice base set, like a wooden base, for example.
- Decorate the wall with a couple of B&W Photos framed in dark Wooden Frames. This is jsut an example of a decoration, but I think it’s a very stylish one – Remember this?: Focal Points
- Put up nice lamps. Not just any rubbish, but something that would add to the room, and yet blend in with the theme – Read this for help: Personalize your home
- Get some scatter cushions. The bane of most males, these are a pointless, yet decorative feature for a bed. I have even come to appreciate the difference that these cushions (IN MODERATION, ladies) can make to a bed and the bedroom.
Anyway, have fun, and let me know how it goes, or if you have any other ideas. Please. And remember, you REALLY don’t have to go overboard. Sometimes, simpler is better…