Here’s another Interior Decorating tip. When I say another, that’s because you could count this article about Creating a Focal Point tip #1.
Color code a room. This will give a room it’s own identity. An easy example would be to decorate a bathroom in a specific color scheme. You could even make the color part of the focal point of the room. Or, at least, help highlight the focal point of the room. And, of course, this is all very nice and easy if you’re already planning on remodelling your bathroom, or any other room in the house…
Here are a few ideas on what items you could color coordinate the bathroom with:
- Towels – easily found in a variety of colors
- Soap -once again, you should be able to find soap in different colors
- Pot plants – Either the plant itself, or the pot can be in the color scheme
- Decorations, like bathroom candles, etc…
- Shampoo bottles – Hopefully the shampoo you use comes in the right color bottle
- Bathroom curtains – another “easy” one
- Bathroom mats.
- And, if you’re REALLY planning on going big, match your tiles to your new color scheme. Although this COULD get a tad expensive…
I fully recommend looking at some catalogs or online photos to see what’s out there before you decide to change your color scheme. Browsing the internet for ads for bathroom appareil is a good place to start, if you don’t feel like browsing through quite a few shops. But, of course, once you have an idea, go see what’s in the shops in your area.